Monday, May 11, 2009

My morning glory won't flower!?

I planted morning glory vines in SF, CA. The trellis is 20 ' X 10'. In the past it flowered lots. I had to cut the vines down to 4' tall this December, but the vines have completely grown back to former strength and completely cover the trellis. Despite that my other vines (newly planted in March) are growing and flowering, the one in question has not started blooming. In fact it has only one flower since last season. Does it need fertilizer? More water? Thoughts?

My morning glory won't flower!?
Try fertilizing with a water soluble fetilizer. Follow directions on the container. Some M.G.s do not flower until August.





From:


http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/3197...
Reply:I don't know. Here in Indiana, we usually have to plant morning glories every spring and they grow like crazy. I was lucky enough to have some self-seed this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment