Saturday, May 22, 2010

How do I eliminate "morning glory vines" from my garden?

I am hoping to nip this problem in the bud before I plant my garden this spring. I have had problems the last 2 years with this in one area of my garden. Any way to keep them from even starting this year?

How do I eliminate "morning glory vines" from my garden?
Maybe try a product called "Preen". It's a pre-emergent herbicide called trifluralin. I buy it in 2.5 gallon jugs for about 50 bucks at a grain elevator. That's enough to cover 8-12 acres. You can get Preen at a garden store, and it is for people not like me.





Last year I used Trifluralin and Prowl preplant. Day 1 I applied it on a few acres, then disked it twice. The tri has to be incorporated in 24 hours.





I planted sunflowers the next day.





If your garden is mostly monocots, you can apply 2-4d for the vines.


No comments:

Post a Comment