Monday, May 17, 2010

Cleaning Morning Glory seeds?

I know I need a strainer of some kind after soaking the seeds. Has anyone tried this sort of trip before? feedback would be appreciated.

Cleaning Morning Glory seeds?
I've heart about it, but never done it!!!! Would be interested to find out how it turns out!!!!!! maybe try a potato ricer to strain them....
Reply:Why would you need a strainer?





I harvest the seeds through the fall, and keep them in a plastic container in the refrigerator over the winter. Then in the spring when it's time to plant, I soak them overnight, then just plant them. I just pick 'em right out of the water they'd been soaking in and put 'em in the ground. Works fine. Next spring will be the 6th generation - I haven't bought new seeds in that time, and just use the ones from last year's plants. The crop gets bigger every year - right now I have FAR more seeds than I could use myself, and they grow, blossom and seed like crazy.





When you harvest the seeds, are you keeping just the seeds, or the entire bulb that they grow in? I just keep the seeds - that's what I soak. Let those bulbs dry on the plant before you pick them, so the seeds just fall out when you crush the bulbs in your fingers.

deodorizers

No comments:

Post a Comment